- Got engaged!
- Hosted Thanksgiving dinner (made a turkey!)
- Rented a lens from borrowlenses.com
- Saw an Army/Navy game
- Had jewelry designed (my engagement ring!)
- Had a professional photo shoot (I felt like I was being followed by paparazzi!)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
From last year:
- Cut HFCS from our diet, or severely restrict it. I guess limit processed foods in general.
- Fix my little anxiety/fear of bicycle death thing.
- Resume cooking meals at home more often
- Eat healthier foods, and by exercising more, possibly look smoking hot when I'm naked?
Last year, my diet was worse than ever. I did get over a lot of my anxiety, with a lot of therapy and just having things generally go more smoothly than last year. I did not cook very much, unless you count frozen pizza. Blech.
- diet, diet, diet. I would like to eat waaay better than we did this year. Less booze and much less frozen pizza.
- start saving more money.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, everyone eked out their babies at the end of last year!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None, once more. We were going to go to "Europe," but J traveled a lot for work and I was generally broke/working customer service jobs, so we mainly traveled for weddings.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
The ability to browse wedding blogs without having to hide it (or rather, hide just how often I read them!)
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
November 13, because that was when J proposed!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I found not one, but two jobs, one of which I truly enjoy, the other which starts next January. I also made some really great personal breakthroughs in therapy. I did finally get that client to pay—the one that was my biggest failure last year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting one of my coworkers get to me to the point that it gave me serious stress when I had to go in to work knowing he and I would be spending the day/evening together.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I caught the flu, again, but nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The engagement photos, for sure, but we actually also got flannel sheets, which turned out to be an excellent purchase now that it is cold. I haven't even had to use the electric blanket since we bought them, and I'm sure that has saved us some money, as well as helping the environment a little bit (a stretch? Maybe, but they are awesome!)
I also bought some riding boots that I love. I have seriously been searching high and low for riding boots for three years, now. It is about time.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- J's, whose support and devotion have never wavered, ever. And also because he proposed to me and all that.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Just this one guy who made me want to stop going to trivia, even though we've been going every Tuesday for over a year. He's such a dingbat.
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent, health insurance, wedding savings.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Home by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeroes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?
Much happier. I am still in the engagement glow!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating frozen pizza!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In PA with J and his family
21. How will you be spending New Years?
Working at my restaurant job, then going dancing with my BFF, Jessica.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, I still find new ways and reasons to love J more and more every year.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Walking Dead, Mad Men.
25. Do you "hate" anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I think that I've come to decide that "hate," even the mild pretend "hate," is a completely wasted emotion. This doesn't mean that there isn't anyone that could have made this list, just that I choose not to participate in this question anymore.*
26. What was the best book you read?
I am mostly reading a bunch of wedding books right now, so I am ill equipped to answer this question. Long and short? I don't know that I read very much this year. Offbeat Bride was probably the best wedding book, though.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. I was very sad when Ima Robot seemed to be breaking up. Now? I has a happy, again—and after Edward Sharpe, Ima Robot came out with a new album! Yeehaw.
28. What did you want that you also ended up getting?
MY VERY OWN LETTERPRESS. Also, a pair of riding boots.
29. What did you want that you did not end up getting?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant with a bunch of friends. The owner even gave us a free cake!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting to tell a customer off. What a waste of a last day at a restaurant.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Pretty much the same as last year. More sweat pants, more flats, skinny jeans, comfortable chic.
34. What kept you sane?
Medication, therapy, and yoga.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Our friends Dan and Lydia moved last year, but the loss is still just as strong.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Almost everyone at my new restaurant job.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Let it Go
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"This is the first day of my life
Glad I didn't die before I met you
Now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy"