- What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Bought a house!
- Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
From Last Year
- A bad habit I'm going to break: Snacking mindlessly (NOPE)
- A new skill I'd like to learn: Photoshop (like a pro) (MEH, although for work, I've had to step up my game)
- A person I hope to be more like: My manager, who is patient and kind and outgoing (Sometimes I feel like I was starting to learn, but ...)
- A good deed I'm going to do: Donate blood. It's been a while since I've been able to do this (NOPE. I also found out that I am AB, so in addition to any inability to donate on my part, it's also the least helpful blood type...)
- A place I'd like to visit: The El Paso Mission Trail (I was not able to do this this year, but we did go to Carlsbad Caverns, instead, which was a really good trip)
- A bad habit I'm going to break: Buying snacks from a vending machine
- A new skill I'd like to learn: How to do a stunning cat eye
- A person I hope to be more like: My husband, who is mindful and organized.
- A good deed I'm going to do: Donate to one of the many public services we utilize
- A place I'd like to visit: All of the conservation trails in my neighborhood
Indeed! We had a baby girl come into the world shortly before Christmas
Mexico! It was just Cancun for a few days, and it was for work, but hey! I got a passport stamp.
Nashville—another work trip that was tons of fun
El Paso—we went down for a family wedding and had a blast
A diet and exercise routine
June 1, the day we moved to our new house
Getting our shit together and buying a house. There were a lot of obstacles and hurdles, and it was emotional and financially terrifying, but everyday we are in this house, I feel better and better about our decision.
My big mouth
Just the usual colds, allergies and sinus things.
A 10' Tall Christmas Tree
A new couch that J actually fits on
Our families all came up to spend Thanksgiving with us, and it was wonderful.
There was an incident of "baby name theft" that left me pretty angry.
Our house...I'm beginning to see a theme.
My birthday present, which was a vinyl recording of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins album. Buying a house (HOUSE!)
The potential of a whole new world in the kitchen when I got a stand mixer for Christmas.
Let Her Go by Passenger (THANKS, BUDWEISER)
Counting Stars by One Republic
Argentina I, II, III by Tokyo Police Club
I Wanna Get Better by The Bleachers
Taking advantage of our beautiful neighborhood and all of the trails near our house.
Being hung over—it's not like it was in my 20's. Now if I have a hangover I spend 3 days feeling like shit instead of one morning.
We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year
With our MA family, eating a delicious dinner and drinking the best Old Fashioned I have ever tasted.
Gilmore Girls on Netflix
I think that I've come to decide that "hate," even the mild pretend "hate," is a completely wasted emotion. This doesn't mean that there isn't anyone that could have made this list, just that I choose not to participate in this question anymore.*
*I have added an addendum to include the strong sense of dislike that I feel for people who mark up library books.
The Handmaid's Tale
The Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness on vinyl.
A new dining room table and a new couch
Cowboy boots from Nashville
An Aqua Stand Mixer
A greyhound, which happens every year. One day I will have a house and a schedule that allow for a dog, but right now it wouldn't be fair to a four legged family member
The Imitation Game
I turned 30, the big doble-quinceañera. We went ice skating, had some dinner at Border Cafe and then went to Harvest for some great dessert and cocktails. We had a piñata, but decided to save it for the summer when more people were able to join in the fun.
If I had done a better job re-learning spanish
Plaid and Flannel
Prozac and Klonopin, and allergy medicaiton
Benedict Cumberbatch, Alli Speed
I got pretty riled up about our local ballot questions. Turns out we moved to a red zone.
I always miss my grandmother—buying our house and settling down up here made me think of her and her house quite a bit when I found myself trying to figure out what makes my house my home.
Our neighbors are wonderful
"Don't spend time with people who don't treat you well," among other things.
Two sips from the cup of human kindness
and I'm shit faced, just laid to waste.