21 January 2010

Things I Love Thursday


My New Health care Plan

Under my old health insurance, I was limited to 24 visits to my therapist per year. As a result, I either saw him less or paid more for extra visits. Each visit cost me a $30 copay, unless it wasn't covered by my insurance, in which case, he gave me a heavily discounted rate that I could afford. Last year, I spent $920 on therapy alone.

My new health insurance gives me unlimited visits. If I went once a week, which would be ideal, I would pay a $10 copay per visit. That's $520 per year! That's a $400 discount! And if that weren't reason enough to love my new health insurance, my prescription copay is lower, too.

My New Job

I recently became a server at a certain Irish Pub in Kendall Square. If you're around Cambridge at lunch time in the next week, you should come by! I like the people I work with, I like the atmosphere, and I forgot how much fun waiting tables could be. Relative to retail, it is the best job I've ever had! The pay isn't always going to be great, and I can't lose sight of bigger goals, but for now I'm really happy.

No comments: