02 March 2007

Finally

I haven't written in a while. I'm tired. I don't know what to write.

I've been traipsing around Boston with a stunningly handsome, charming guy these days -- and while that may seem to lend itself to more stories, it usually also lends itself to less time for writing about them.

I'm listening to the Bluegrass Tribute to the Shins right now. It's amazingly fantastic, but I've always been a fan of bluegrass. I can see how it's not for everyone, but something about experimenting with something familiar and juxtaposing it with another familiar thing to make something completely new and different just tickles the hell out of me.

I'm also listening to some Postal Service, due mostly to a conversation I had with the boy recently about post-nuclear love songs, and how Brand New Colony is one of them (not that I'm actively aware of any more). I used to listen to Brand New Colony and Idioteque incessantly as a coupling because they seemed so perfectly matched in my head.

This weekend is going to be so fabulous. I expect to start catching up on some Battlestar Galactica and maybe sleep. A lot.

No comments: