19 March 2007

Woo! Pete Yorn!

Two and a half months ago, J bought me tickets to see Pete Yorn in concert, and that concert is tonight.

I want to put something in perspective here very quickly, though, because I think it’s important to note that two and a half months ago, J and I had only been dating for a few weeks. I did not expect a birthday present from him, even a little bit, but instead of no present, he bought two tickets to see Pete Yorn - after we’d had just one casual conversation about how Pete Yorn would be at Avalon in March. I won’t get all gushy about how amazing it is to have a boyfriend who pays attention to details like that and makes me Pete Yorn themed birthday cards with concert tickets that (if I’d have opened the card correctly) would pop out from an elaborate set up of paper and scotch tape, or how wonderful it is to spend a lot of time with a boy who cooks things for me, and says “as well,” instead of “too,” or “also,” but I will say that I’m really happy about being with someone who told me it was okay if I exposed myself to Pete Yorn tonight, even though he probably thought I was kidding.

It’s been about three months since our first date (actually, what’s really barf-ably cute is that it’s three months to the day since our first official date), and I’m really glad that we threw caution to the wind several times over, because [adding to a really long list of reasons I’m happy,] for the first time in about a year, I actually have a concert buddy! I won’t tell you how much cooler it will be going to this concert with someone I really like instead of going with nobody. We Are Scientists were awesome, but seeing concerts on your lonesome is less than awesome. I know that it takes someone “brave” to go see a concert alone, but what it really is is “pathetic,” and what no one says when they call you “brave” for doing things like that alone is that instead of being jealous, they’re really kind of sad that you seem to have no friends. Yeah, maybe they’re a little jealous because goddamn, you went to see the Raconteurs, and screw everyone if they didn’t want to go with you that night, but really they’re wondering what is wrong with you that you can’t find a concert buddy.

No?

Whatever. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that paranoia tonight.

No comments: