17 September 2009

Things I Love Thursday

Chamomile Tea: I caught a cold over the weekend, and since Monday have been nursing it with soup, lots of water and chamomile tea. It reminds me of my grandmother, and makes me feel a little bit better. I like to drink it with lime and honey.

My boyfriend: J's company awarded one of the teams he was on with gift cards to thank them for a grueling project they completed last year. The team leader mentioned that he had given his wife his card the year before because he didn't know what to do with it, and she bought a dress. J thought this was a great idea, and gave the card to me to thank me for "putting up with" all the travel he had to do for that project. So far I have gotten a pair of shorts, but I still have most of the gift card to play around with! This is one of those things that would have been appreciated either way, but because we don't have much money to play with at the moment, it was really special. Maybe dinner out in our future?

Brimfield: I went to Brimfield again this year, and instead of coming home with five unusable vintage cameras (for display!), I came home with something useful: Pyrex mixing bowls. I am so in love with them, and they match my kitchen color scheme. I also found a charming necklace for $5 and some pendants I might use as Christmas presents.

Sweater Weather: It is the season for colorful tights and hand knits! YEY!

No comments: