06 March 2010

Things That I Would Like To Do In My Apartment

  • Yoga, which does not require, but it helps to have, a quiet peaceful environment
  • Working in peace, which does require a somewhat peaceful environment
  • Being able to take a nap in the middle of the day when I'm working from home and/or am sick.
The tactics I have tried to counter the constant noise from our neighbors, the riffraff outside, the traffic, the super coming and going, the cleaning company, and the washing machine and dryer have included the following:
  • ear plugs
  • itunes
  • breathing exercise
  • yoga (yeah...)
  • watching TV really loudly (which is counterproductive when I'm trying to work)
I really like people in two of the units next door, but they have been privy to some of my passive-aggressive, stupidly childish notes, that I fully admit are awful and whiny and should even be on the internet for everyone to see. This probably prevents them from actually wanting to be friends with me (and J, by default), which sucks.

We need to move. I don't think it's too much to ask for a top-story apartment in a house around here. Maybe even something with a balcony so I can knit and drink beer outside on a nice spring day. June 30th cannot come soon enough. Prospective tenants are coming to look at the place on Monday. I will do everything I can to make sure they're frightened as hell.

No comments: