28 November 2006

I believe that I can, overcome this and beat everything in the end

So, when I left for Minnesota, I was in a terrible state of mind. (Alternate title: The BMX bike of my life is about to explode)

A funny bit of trivia: Last year, at this exact time, I was listening to L.G.Fuad incessantly. It reminded me of the whole...ordeal thing I was going through, or something. Now, it makes me think of Connecticut. It makes me think about teetering on the verge of utmost happiness -- so much happiness that I thought I might just spontaneously explode in a burst of stardust one day out of pure unadulterated joy. Which is weird because, this song? Is not about utter happiness and delight in life.

I need a change. I need a big momentous change. It needs to rock my world. And I think I can manage that.

Grad school was going to be that change, but it looks like I'm going to wait another year. Until then, I have all this prep stuff I can do, but it's still a bummer that I haven't "figured out my life" yet. Whatever the crap that means. And until then I need to become a better person. I need to be the change that rocks my world. I need to be happy. For me.

Oh, and I finished some wrist warmers this weekend.

Trendy or not, I don't understand wrist warmers. "Not quite mittens, not quite sleeves...but man...hehehe. So to answer your question: I don't know."

Oh, right. Writing about Thanksgiving in Minnesota. I think I gave you enough to digest here for now. Maybe updates about the trip that made me seriously consider moving somewhere in the Midwest (cough: Minnesota) some time later.

[Currently Spinning: Motion City Soundtrack - L.G.Fuad]

No comments: