02 January 2007

So everybody put your best suit or dress on

So, it's a new year again. New years, new beginnings, fresh starts...it's so arbitrary the way people think their lives are going to change when a new year comes.

Do you get that fresh feeling (musical pun intended -- and enjoyed) at the beginning of a new year? I know I do, but I think I am on "new start" hyperdrive since my birthday is just about a week after the new year. It hardly takes two weeks before I've fallen back into my old routines and bad habits, before the year reaches its expiration date and becomes stale.

However, I'm jazzed for 2007. I am SOOOO over 2006, y'all. If December hadn't snuck up on me the way it did, I would even go so far as to say that 2006 did nothing for me, and that I'm glad to be done with it.

But 2006 brought me so many things. I started to become comfortable in my own skin. I found new confidence, new music, new clothes, and a "new" personality to go with said confidence (the "new" personality really being my very same "old" personality before I allowed my life to be consumed and defined by my relationship).

I'm ready to grab 2007 by the horns, and make things happen. And I have a really good feeling about 2007.

How about you?

[Currently Spinning: Death Cab For Cutie - The New Year]

No comments: