06 September 2007

My Life Was Incomplete Without Tokyo Police Club

I already posted today, but I wanted to post again to talk about how fucking awesome Tokyo Police Club [mp3] are.

I bought their EP almost a year ago, and I still listen to it with as much enthusiasm as I did when it was fresh in my collection. If you have not had a chance to listen to A Lesson in Crime, I highly recommend it. (I'm listening to it now, as a matter of fact)

They are indie rock kids after my heart. Their story is absolutely adorable, also -- only the drummer is old enough to legally imbibe; the lead singer/bassist postponed college after one semester to go full time with the band, but the passion in their music and the raw, driving sound in their songs is enough to convince you that they made the right decision. Besides, how much cuter does it get than childhood friends starting an indie band? Not much cuter.

I remember visiting their webspace last year when I bought the EP, and there was some homemade HTML page that read, "Please buy our album -- we're starving indie kids and we need to eat!" NOW, they are totally web 2.0.

They anticipate releasing an album in February.
“We are hoping to have the album out in February. It would be nice to have it out then, but it’s just a tentative date. If it takes 10 years to write this album, it will take 10 years. We aren’t going to compromise or compensate.”
In the meantime, buy that EP and wait eagerly on the edge of your seat, and if you happen to be in any of these cities, you can catch them on tour. I saw them a few weeks ago for a second time, and I swear they will not disappoint:
Oct. 3, 2007 WaMu Theater at MSG - New York, NY
Oct. 7, 2007 Schubas - Chicago, IL
Oct. 8, 2007 Schubas - Chicago, IL
Oct. 9, 2007 7th St. Entry - Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 11, 2007 Pyramid Cabaret - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 12, 2007 Louis' Pub @ SU - Saskatoon, SK
Oct. 13, 2007 Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 14, 2007 The Warehouse - Calgary, AB
Oct. 16, 2007 Sugar Nightclub - Victoria, BC
Oct. 17, 2007 The Plaza - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 18, 2007 Neumos - Seattle, WA
Oct. 19, 2007 Doug Fir Lounge - Portland, OR
Oct. 22, 2007 Beauty Bar - Las Vegas, NV
Oct. 23, 2007 The El Rey Theatre - Los Angeles, CA
Oct. 24, 2007 The Glass House - Pomona, CA
Oct. 25, 2007 Popscene - San Francisco, CA

No comments: