12 July 2006

FIRE!

Today, this really vicious storm passed by. There was powerful thunder and bright lightning...One set was so loud that the house shook and some car alarms went off...Then about ten minutes later, Teresa and I heard Fire Trucks:

IMG_4190


That's right...Lightning hit the house two doors down from us! There was a lot of smoke, and seven fire trucks (which my dad says is pretty standard for that sort of fire -- two ladders and five pumpers).

IMG_4191

That was our view for a good hour, until we went into the house because we were bored. Yeah...What? I've seen a warehouse on fire. Granted, I was three, and the only time I see it is in my nightmares, but still.

And then we went to play trivia at the Asgard. We didn't win, but it was nice to hear "Team Awesome" be announced, even though I messed up when I knew that one answer was "ruby slippers" after we turned in "Luke Skywalker's Light Saber."

1 comment:

Emily said...

Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!