06 July 2006

Oh Man...I'm Doing it Again...

...Blogging about So You Think You Can Dance, that is.

As the number of couples on SYTYCD dwindles down, I can't help but get sad because it will all be over soon. I know that next season, I'll love it again, even without Benji (because he's going to win this one), but honestly? Last season I wasn't attached to anyone. It's either that my reality TV addiction hadn't kicked in, or that there was no one completely special to me, but even shows like ANTM, where I favor some girls over others, I don't get seriously attached--like with Benji. Aaanyway...Here's my quick recap of last night:

Heidi and Ryan - Hip-Hop -- Oh my. Oh....my. Heidi and Ryan were amazing. I had no idea they had it in them, but Heidi was fantastic. I may have voted for them a few times when the Benji-line was busy.
Martha and Travis - Salsa -- . I did not like. It looked like the Salsa that I used to do with Joey on Saturday nights. It looked great for amateurs, but did not have what it takes to win SYTYCD. I kind of hope they're in the bottom three, even though Travis is so popular. IMO, he proved that he doesn't have what it takes to beat Benji. I do heart Travis, but this week's performance was not good.
Dmitry and Ashlee - Contemporary (to Fall Out Boy's Dance Dance) -- I thought it was extremely entertaining, and I think that Ashlee has an astounding personality that can actually make Dmitry look good. I know Dmitry is a good dancer, but I was so angry with him for being a bad partner. I noticed this week that the problem wasn't Dmitry. It was the blah girls he was with before. I should have figured, given that he dances with Heidi -- and Heidi is a great dancer, with a good personality (She's still not my favorite, but I can't put my finger on why).
Natalie and Musa - Disco -- Uh, isn't disco dead? It certainly was last night. There was nothing special in this routine; the choreography was bad, the dancing was mediocre - at least the tricks were good. Methinks things are cooling off between Natalie and Musa, as well.
Donyelle and Benji - "Vietnamese" Waltz -- Yes, yes, the Viennese waltz . When will Benji and Donyelle do something that's not completely...WOW? Never, is what I say. I was actually moved to tears -- yeah, that's right. I was crying. I spent an hour after the show voting 302 times instead of writing up this summary while it was fresh on my mind. What? There was a contest. I lost, but next week...Next week I will vote more than 660 times and beat that girl, *trixie*. The harlot.
Ivan and Alison - West Coast Swing -- Ivan and Alison were "okay." The unfair thing is that I've seen a lot of Benji's routines online, and because there are a set number of moves and how you execute them...Well, a lot of times I'd watch Ivan do something and think, "But Benji does it better." Unfortunately, I couldn't get past that. Their Swing was like Travis and Martha's Salsa. Amateur, but only by comparison.
Jessica and Jamyz - Hip-Hop -- Meh. Yawn. Especially after Heidi and Ryan's WOW performance; this hip-hop routine was kind of bland; like its dancers.

My predictions for bottom three tonight: Martha and Travis, Dmitry and Ashlee, and Jessica and Jamyz.

However, I won't be surprised if, instead of Martha and Travis, it's Ivan and Alison or Natalie and Musa. But I'm really bad at calling these things, so...

[Currently Spinning: Kitty Cat Dance]

No comments: