04 July 2006

Strange Dreams

I kind of want a sewing machine, as though I need more craft related things to keep me occupied. I barely have enough time for the knitting as it is -- and I'm unemployed!

My real reason for posting right now, though, is to document the strange dreams I had last night.

Dream the First:
I was at my grandmother's house, and we were either packing up boxes for her to leave or unpacking boxes of Christmas supplies. I remember being in the different rooms in the house very vividly, talking to my mom or my grandmother. Everything was a little bit...bigger, cleaner, and in better condition than when she was there. I was dating someone (and yes, I know who he was, but I'm not publishing it here), and I was sitting on the reclining chair while he sat on the side of the loveseat that was closest to me. He put his hand on my head and stroked my hair a few times. We were talking about the most mundane things, but the gesture, and the feeling I got being next to him was so warm and loving, and I was ridiculously happy when I woke up (at six in the morning).

I rolled over and went back to sleep, only to have Dream the Second:
I was at some sort of convention that was school related, but it felt like the StuCo conventions I went to in high school rather than something I would have done at MIT. Still, everyone there was someone I knew from college. Team Awesome was there -- but so was college boyfriend. I was hanging around my friends, but then I went off to do something. When I came back, one of my friends was on the floor, sitting across from college boyfriend, and they were wildly making out. Honestly? The first thought that came to my mind was that the friend had been through a lot, and I understood. I wasn't mad at her, and I wasn't mad at him. I wasn't okay with it, either, but I didn't have the capacity to cope with it because I had been up all night and was tired. I went to the bathroom, but to do that, I had to pass them. When I got into the hallway, I turned around, and college boyfriend was there, stammering and red in the face, apologizing. I told him that I honestly couldn't care less what he had to say about it, and that it was his business, and that even if it bothered me, he wasn't the one I wanted to talk to about it. And then I walked off.

At lunch, I picked up food that was supposed to be paid for, but evidently we were supposed to get cards at the beginning of the day, and I had never gotten one. I had a screaming match with the guy at the register, and he wouldn't just let me go and the line kept getting longer and longer and longer. I told him that my idiot group leader had never given me a card, but then I realized Teresa was in my group, too, and she had just handed him one, so I was confused and angry and why did everything have to keep happening to me?!

The next scene was in front of a lecture hall where I was waiting with Jessica to go to class , but we were waiting for these boys we liked to come by. When it was time for class, we went into the lecture hall, where Alisa and Teresa were sitting all the way at the top, where I wouldn't be able to see without my glasses. I was still unsure how to act about my friend and college boyfriend, and I was trying to be friendly, but it was hard. Laura and Jessica joined us, and I got to sit next to Laura, but this guy, Gabe was on my left, and then the desks started closing in on me, and I started feeling claustrophobic. I looked back and saw that college boyfriend was up there, too, and I chose the claustrophobia over making eye contact with him.

Kirstie Alley ended up being the professor, and the class ended up being Calc 2, and she went so fast I couldn't take notes and I didn't understand, and I was scared and wanted to cry, and it's a wonder I ever passed Calc 2. I woke up being terrified I hadn't studied properly.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you read the time traveler's wife!!! Did you like it/love it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1

And yes, I did put that one at the end of those !?s because that's what you do :-P

dsb said...

Haha! Emily! You lent it to me!!!1@!1!!

But yes, I did like it very much. I guess we didn't get to discuss it much because I returned it when you were moving your stuff to Connecticut :)