04 July 2006

So? Did You Sleep With Him?

I keep repeating a conversation over and over in my head, sometimes laughing at the conversation, other times laughing at the surprised look on the girl's face when someone else started laughing harder than her:

"Did you sleep with him?"
"Ha, no," she responded simply, while one of our other friends fell to the floor laughing hysterically.
"Ha...ha...Wait. Why are you laughing?" she asked the friend on the floor.

The answer was revealed between more peals of laughter and the wiping of some tears. The rest of the conversation was just as good, but it reveals a bit too much, so I can't post it. But to me, the funny part is that she was only shocked after she understood that she and our friend were laughing at the same thing, and the look on her face was priceless (all of this happened over the course of about two seconds, but in my head it plays in slo-mo).

I love how the hilarity of the question "did you sleep with him?" actually sent one of its victims to the floor in tears.

And just in case you need any more confirmation that British TV is better than American TV in every imaginable way:

No comments: