04 December 2006

Monday Madness - Closing Out the Year

1. I wish people would just think about people other than themselves -- or at least apologize when they don't; it's not always intentional and everyone does it.

2. My biggest pet peeve where other drivers are concerned, is when people cruise in the left lane. It's for passing, not poking it. I'm not really a driver these days, though. Mostly, I hate it when jerks in cars almost hit me, or honk at me when I'm in a G-D crosswalk, or give me ugly looks because I have the right of way. That's just TOO BAD FOR YOU! Move to a less pedestrian-friendly city, jerkface.

3. I will probably spend about 300 on holidays this season, not counting travel.

4. I really hope to know a little bit more about a certain current situation by the end of this calendar year.

5. I make about two big resolutions each year, and keep zero of them, unless it's one like...say, a year or two ago I decided to be more tolerant. I know that I'm not consistently more tolerant, but I do know that since I made that resolution it's been a conscious decision for me to try to be more tolerant every day (or not).

7 comments:

Pittchick said...

Bad drivers really irritate me! Happy Monday!

I'm on wordpress now. Go here!

Anonymous said...

Or when people pass to get in front of you and then slow down. That really irks me!

Judy said...

Hope the "situation" works out the way you want.

I'm with you, Cheryl. That's close to my pet peeve as well. Happy Monday!

Emily said...

I had a cab honk at me in a cross walk when I had a "cross" signal and he was trying to make a right on red (which he didn't stop for of course).

If I were a quicker person, I would have cursed the s*$% out of him.

Karen & Rick said...

Ah, isn't driving fun? :-)

Have a great week!

Karen

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your #1, and I hope all works out regarding #4.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Yes, how nice it would be if people will just learn to think of others rather than themselves.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Rach