27 December 2006

Wolf Parade

I downloaded a song by Sunset Rubdown recently, with no expectations -- I had no idea what band this was, or what to expect. I've gotten such a deluge of new music lately that I don't even bother to listen to all of it anymore. It became necessary to add the "Date Added" field in iTunes just to figure out, based on which songs haven't been played and/or rated, which I have added to my library without bothering to take a listen.

I recognized the voice immediately, but didn't think it was possible. I guess when your life is music, it shouldn't surprise people when you are in three overlapping Indie bands. And I guess Wolf Parade hasn't released anything since Queen Mary, which has probably left time for side projects.

Anyway, yes. That's Spencer Krug of Wolf Parade and Swan Lake. He's got an awesome voice, in the way that Billy Corgan had an awesome voice -- there's no denying it when you hear it. I happen to love it, but I've heard it's not for everyone. Still -- I think it's sexxy.

I also found a Hot Chip remix of Do The Whirlwind (by Architecture in Helsinki). It's...interesting. I think I'll keep it.

No comments: