15 May 2006

That's that, then

If I occasionally backslide into dysfunction, that does not mean that I am a dysfunctional person.

I am not what other people mistake me for, no matter how intelligent or admirable those people are.

I am not my profession, my actions, my writing, my relationships, or my past.

Some of the most amazing people I've ever met have become my friends. This means that I must be pretty amazing, too.
----------
I seem to have inadvertently given up coffee. Since Emily's birthday, I have had one cup of coffee, and that has put me off coffee for what seems to be for good. It's not, of course. It can't be. You don't go seven years with an addiction and just quit without realizing it -- or making a conscious effort to quit, right? Right?!

Then again, my caffeine addiction is still in full force, it's just that I've had to find other sources (and am much more tired lately). I finally started having to drink my English Breakfast tea from London. It's in a jar that looks like a map of the London Underground, and I've been reluctant to drink it before now because it's delicious and fantastic -- and from London.

Don't think I haven't tried to find a local replacement. I found a decent Irish Breakfast tea (in the "ethnic" foods section at Star, via my Irish coworker over at Austin Architects who used to bring it to the office from, get this, the Indian marketplace that sells 'Irish foods!'), but it's no replacement. I have tried all sorts of different brands of English Breakfast Tea, and none is as caffeinated, or has that right...flavor.

Sigh. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and go to England. Of course, that seems to be my solution to everything these days...

No comments: