02 August 2006

Always a scarf behind

Gryffindor scarf progressThe Prisoner of Azkaban scarf is growing at an alarming rate. This isn't atypical when you start an endless garter stitch project, because you can still observe growth. Once it's four feet long, five feet long...nearly six feet long...it starts to look like it's not growing at all. Hopefully I can complete this scarf before I reach my breaking point. Before the scarf starts to look like it's never going to grow. I'm not quite that bored with this scarf yet. It's growing, it's kind of fun, the yarn is nice. I'm not about to poke my eyes out. But I do have to admit something. While I sit here, slaving away to complete this scarf, I dream of the other scarf. The Goblet of Fire scarf. You know the one. The one that practically broke my spine when I tried to twist every which way to see it in the movie (it was tough, there were only a few scenes with the scarf). I found an image (the one on the right) on the WB website. This is their cheapy version (No matter how much I tried to be jealous of the store bought scarves when we went to see Goblet of Fire, I was very proud of my handiwork on the old scarf. I think the hand knit ones always look more real than the store bought kind, which makes a special sort of sense, right?). Coupled with the lone still on the webernet, and the DVD, I think I can reproduce this scarf. The pattern may even be on atypically.knit someday. But until then, or until I can come up with my own pattern, I have to finish the PofA scarf, anyway. And while she's doing miles upon miles of garter stitch, a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: