14 August 2006

Cry Me A River

I'm taking a quick "break" to update, because I really wanted to, even though I can't remember what I wanted to say.

I went to yoga tonight. It completely kicked my ass. Seriously. It hurt and it was hard, and by the end, all of my muscles were shaking so badly I could barely do the balancing poses. It was awesome. Someone said something disparaging the other day about "needing" a class to get yourself to a gym, but I don't think that's it at all. This same person did cross country in high school and I doubt that they would have gone running by themselves, actually, because they hated running. They loved how they felt afterwards, but the motivation was joining the team. I can go to the gym by myself, and do the elliptical and lift some weights, and it gets stale and boring. The best thing about yoga is that when class is over, I jump on an elliptical and kick it's ass. I just get...Happy and exhilarated and sometimes a little angry and it gives me the push that I need. So there's nothing wrong with preferring to work your schedule around a class because you know it will make your work out better, and if someone wants to interpret that as "needing" the class to get me to the gym, then, well, you know. Whatever. Today was awesome.

I had a similar thought recently about "needing" to be in a relationship. And I know that "needing" to be in one is unhealthy. I do. And I don't know if I've reached a healthy place in my life about all of that yet (well, honest to God? I know I haven't), but I did realize that there's nothing wrong with wanting to find someone to be with - eventually. I know I want a husband and family. Someday. I just need to not let that pressure me into thinking any particular way now.

Okay, msn radio totally pissed me off, promising Gnarls Barkley, but playing Justin Timberlake instead, after the commercial. Bastards. (P.S. -- Justin Timberlake is way better off...Britney Spears?! WHAT was he thinking?!)

So, I'm at work now, definitely trying to get some work done, but I just wanted to update about yoga, and not fling my computer out the window.

No comments: