01 August 2006

I Don't Undrstand!!!

On July 23rd, I decided to buy three seasons of Futurama on DVD. I already have the first season, and I was just looking to buy Season 2, but I found a seller on half.com that would upgrade my order to free priority shipping if I bought three items from him.

So I spent $90 that I really don't have on DVDs that I really don't need, and I figured it was justified because wah, &tc.

Anyway, I've been expecting them for the past few days. And by expecting them, I mean Expecting Them. Sure, it's only been eight days, but the things were marked as shipped on the 24th or 25th, you know? Even if he took his sweet time shipping them, and lied, they should have been shipped last week, right?

So, I'm getting impatient, but I figured I'd contact him and see what the bloody deal was. I sent this correspondence:
I thought I got fee priority shipping for buying three items from you, but it seems to be taking a long time for this shipment to arrive. I only bought all three at once from you in the hopes that they would arrive quickly, since I didn't save very much money by doing this.

Did you by chance get delivery confirmation so I can track these items? Or do you know when they might get here?
I know, I know...that was actually kind of rude of me, right? It was in my tone? God, I can be such a bitch online sometimes. And really, even if it had been over the phone, I might have used the same tone. Sometimes, I'm really really sweet, but I end up feeling submissive and sometimes being sweet gets nothing done. I'm honestly about par with the whole being sweet/getting things done and being a bitch/getting things done, so really, what's the difference?

Well, this morning, instead of a response, I got an email from Half.com saying that my entire purchase has been refunded! Now, I know a person who sells loads of things on amazon.com, and he will refund an entire purchase rather than deal with a customer, but this guy has a computer bot that does all the work for him, and he's not actually shipping everything He sells things in the order of hundreds per week. The guy I bought these DVDs from does not have quite that sophisticated a setup, or he's very bad at it...because his amount of feedback doesn't correspond with someone who sells loads of stuff through bots. I just don't see it being easy to part with $90 for most people.

Did I miss something, though? Was I rude enough to warrant a cancellation of the whole transaction?

Why the fuck hasn't he shipped them yet? If he's willing to issue a full refund, then he can't possibly have sent them.

I just wanted a response. Even if it was as rude and snippy as mine. But instead, I got a refund, no response added.

Thanks, dude.

Now what am I supposed to do? Does this mean I don't get the DVDs after all? Becuause that's not how you avoid negative feedback you idiot. Plus, now I have to think about getting them again, blowing another $90 I don't have because now I feel like I already owned them...and just - GAH!
I wanted them while I was still free the whole live long day for chrissake!

No comments: