09 August 2006

"PAX: Public Access Christ!"

I just needed a placeholder for these, because I haven't had time to update about my awesome weekend.

I went out on Friday with Margaret, Lauren, Jessica and Laura. We went to the Big Sleazy, and danced, and I did my body weight in shots. We all did. The highlights of the evening (and, shit, there were a lot of them):

Dancing up on stage -- I would not get off that stage.

This guy bought a drink, and handed it to me. Laura was going to take it away from me, but before she had the opportunity, I pointed to it and told Laura, "There are ROOFIES in here."

When we left, Margaret and I were clearly...very drunk - to put it mildly. These guys tried to take us home, and Laura said, "No, I think they're good." When we rejected them, they said we were "lesbians." That's when I flipped out. I turned around and screamed, "I know guys who are WAY hotter than you who DON'T think I'm a lesbian! I don't need this!"

I asked Laura for a pen so I could get the bartender's phone number (he was wearing a Ramones T-shirt!!!), but all she had was lip gloss. She was busy doing damage control over on Margaret's end, so I ran off. I came back with a napkin with about four streaks of lip gloss on it. Laura thinks I got to the bar, found a napkin, and then forgot what I was doing. I think I probably got his number. We'll never really know :)

He's not the only guy who got away that night. Apparently, I wanted to give my digits to this guy we saw on the cab ride home. Pizza crust boy, we called him.

I'm sure there was more, but I don't know what it was. Honestly, most of these stories are third person. I remember dancing up on stage, and I do remember wanting to dance with some girls (and also trying to convince this other girl to come up and dance with us, but that had less skanky vibes). Laura had to fill me in the next day, and believe me -- there are at least two more stories I don't need out on the Internet. This is kind of like the weekend I "celebrated" losing my job. Where the stories all came out one by one, as I mentioned things I kept mentioning while inebriated.

Maybe there's more where that came from, maybe not. I mean, it's all a matter of whether or not I have time. But my friends and I? We're funny when we've had a few. I will definitely tell y'all about Alisa at the wedding some time - coz that was funny (and I was sober).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Pizza CRUST guy...not to be confused with what-kind-of-pizza-is-that?-nice wedding-ring-pizza-guy. i laughed so hard while reading this, my brother was convinced i was insane....and i might be.

i miss you.