18 August 2006

Pandora

I've been over at pandora a lot lately, trying to find new music. I don't know what it is, but I get really comfortable with bands and songs and then don't bother to venture outside of them. Then they get stale because I listen to them too often (Motion City Soundtrack? Anything by Franz Ferdinand?), and by the time I'm in a rut, I'm not prepared for something new. I'm trying to nip that in the bud, but the problem is how long it takes me to get used to new things. Some of my favorite songs end up being ones I hated when I first bought some album and listened to it straight through.

Anyway, my point -- (get to it, already). Well, my point is kind of funny. The bands being recommended to me aren't all new, which is...irritating. It means I haven't figured out how to use this site. See, I started a Dandy Warhols station. Then, they played one of my all time favorite songs by Stars. I was like, "Oh, cool. Dandy Warhols --> Stars...let's add Stars to the station and see what kind of music we get." So then I start listening to the Smashing Pumpkins. So...yeah, it wasn't working like I wanted it to.

Still, it's very awesome. I recommend it. I found a few new bands on my Snow Patrol station, and I'm trying Keane now.

----------

EDIT
I've come full circle; my Dandy Warhols/Stars station just recommended Snow Patrol

1 comment:

Tim Cabell said...

Connect and share with other Pandora users at

http://pandorastations.crispynews.com

Thanks,

Tim