02 August 2006

five

5 Things always in my purse:
cell phone
keys
wallet
condoms...erm, I mean gum
ipod

5 Things always in my wallet:
driver's licence
credit cards
subway pass
woolcott & co. discount card
movie stubs

5 Things always in my refrigerator:
milk
polaroid film
beer
nailpolish
eggs

5 Things always in my closet:
blazers
skirts
button-up shirts
shoes
dresses

5 Things always in my car:
I take the subway

5 Things always on my desk:
my laptop
a framed photo or two
some tchotchke or another
post-it notes
mouse pad

5 people I wish I still hung out with:
high school folk
charlie
team awesome
jen from Austin Arch.
some architecture folk

5 pieces of clothing I can't live without:
tank tops from the Gap
Skirts!
tshirts for underneath sweaters/blazers
blazers/sweaters
my 3/4 sleeve dress

5 sentimental things I'll never throw away:
nearly anything my grandma gave me
photos from high school
anything in "the box" or "the box II: the sequel"
movie stubs from half of my relationships (the other half were ceremonially tossed or lit on fire)
three of the CDs in my collection: both Savage Garden CDs, and Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (Dandy Warhols).

5 phone numbers I have memorized:
my parent's house
mom's cell
dad's cell
the o'brien's home number
ben's cell

5 songs I'll love forever:
Alison Krauss - Baby, Now That I've Found You
Bloodhound Gang - Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (tee hee)
The Beach Boys - Kokomo
Motion City Soundtrack - Lgfuad
How Do You Tell Someone - Cowboy Mouth

5 places I have fond memories of:
Cambridge Common (the common, not the bar)
Harvard Yard
The Charles River
Boston Common
Album Park

5 terrible things I've done:
Made people feel badly about themselves
Gotten so angry that I actually felt hatred seeping through me
Pined for boys
Begged for [no name] to come back
Gotten so drunk that I blacked out within the span of one movie

5 scents that bring back the memories:

Old Spice Deodorant (...this was already there, but I believe it's apt)
the scent of my pillows from Pier One.
the air in the autumn
my lucky brand perfume
my rose kimono body spray

5 things I have hanging on the wall:
Paris/Eiffel Tower posters (yep,plural)
Pictures of "pink things" (martini glasses, valentine's box, and some macro shots of all things pink)
My dogs print
The NYTimes+red apple framed photo
Celtic cross

5 things I'll never regret:
Leaving home
most of my DVD purchases
those really expensive shoes (which ones?)
Speaking my mind to college boyfriend's mom in what would be my last hurrah in that relationship

5 knitting projects on the needles:
PofA Scarf (Gryffindor style)
Feather and fan stole
Dutch scarf
Scarf for my dad
frostflowers shawl (soon to be frogged, I believe)

2 comments:

dsb said...

Largeman: You know that point in your life when you realize that the house that you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of a sudden even though you have some place where you can put your stuff that idea of home is gone.
Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
Largeman: You'll see when you move out it just sort of happens one day one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place.

As a side note, I saw your away message, and so I watched Garden State, too -- while you were watching it, maybe. I mean, I might have known what you were talking about, anyway, but I probably knew more quickly because I just watched it, too.

Also, yeah. I haven't lived at my parent's house for...quite some time now. My sister even took over my room the instant I left (it was a much bigger room, so I guess it's fair. But the furniture
was techincally still mine...and now she's actually managed to ruin some of it).

Anonymous said...

you totally cheated on that 5 people one...that was more like 30 and you know it. it's important to let your second sting friends know who they are, i'm just saying.