13 September 2006

Housekeeping

This is an entry that I've been meaning to write for a while, but I keep forgetting, and also wanted to wait until I was sufficiently "settled" into this new layout.

Surely you've noticed the revamping around here. For a while, I had that plain white template, whose css I had changed tampered with, and at some point it just stopped working. So I switched to the black template, but I did not like it. Since then, I've been trying to teach myself some css/brush up on my html because I wanted to make my own template. For now, I found this one over at anti-ivy.com, and it was a little bit of perfect. It's like "baking" from a box. All of the ingredients are there, and it's tough to screw it up, but at least you didn't just pick up a cake from the supermarket, right?

Anyway, I wanted to point out one little thing, because it took me so long to find it (after many frustrating hours of trying to create my own), but that's the little library widget in the sidebar. It's not ideal -- if I could code my own, it would only be the books I'm reading right now, with the option to browse my entire library. However, after tearing my hair out, and finally googling every combination of the words "library," "books," and "blog," I finally found library thing. So it's a temporary solution, until I ever decide to actually purchase webspace. I don't know that I'd ever do that since my blog isn't exactly a money making/people reaching endeavour, but it's a thought.

The usual things are also in the sidebar: audioscrobbler widget, some links...I got rid of the buttons and the flickr badge, but I'm thinking of bringing some of them back. Little housekeeping things like that probably won't get announced, but I thought that since I've been settled into the new layout for a while now, I should talk about it.

No comments: