17 September 2006

It's Gonna Be the Loveliest Foot Scarf in the World

I ordered a yarn swift today.

I'm very excited about this. I bought a yarn ball winder about a month ago. I did it all a little backwards -- buying the ball winder first, and now the swift, but I had figured that it would be fine. It turns out, it's very hard to keep hanks of yarn from getting tangled when you're trying to wind them. This results in what Alisa refers to as "foot yarn," because I once used my toes to keep a skein in line while I wound it.

Now, there's nothing wrong with foot yarn. My feet are perfectly clean, and even nice. And when my foot scarf is done, you'll all be jealous. But it's kind of a hassle to have to deal with that tangly yarn at the end, so I finally broke down and bought the swift. The decision came after a bunch of lace weight yarn found its way into my stash:

Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud

I had to get some Alpaca Cloud to finish my feather and fan stole, and so while I was there, I also bought some other color (the darker color; Iris), possibly for the Swallowtail Shawl in the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. I haven't decided, but I've been wanting Iris colored yarn for...Ever. I just never thought it was an appropriate color for anything I wanted to knit.

I also recently came into some other yarn via a contest that I won over at PURLSgoneWILD, buy guessing how much Christina's tattoo cost her (well, sort of. Apparently, I was $10 off, but since she gave a $10 tip, I *technically* won). It is some mighty fine pink yarn:

Cascade Yarn

Claudia Hand Painted Yarn

And I'm not going to lie. Once I get my yarn swift, all of this yarn will promptly be made into neat, little yarn cakes.

No comments: