25 June 2006

And Now, I'm Probably Going To Watch Some TV

This weekend has been absolutely filled with movies: The Ring Two, The Chumscrubber, Eight Below, The Others, The Jacket, A Bug's Life, and The Machinist.

I know, right? How is my brain not fried?

Yesterday, after Alisa and I signed our lease, we came home. Alisa went for a run while I knit, and when she came back, The Jacket was on HBO. I made dinner, and when I came back into the living room, A Bug's Life had started on the Disney Channel. After that, the Machinist started on Showtime. By the time we realized that we'd sat through three straight movies on the telly, it was 11PM and we both went to bed (except I didn't go to sleep, I watched the Others).

So maybe my brain is fried.

I started a project during So You Think You Can Dance, but I'm disappointed to say it's taking me longer than I had hoped to complete. It's my SoYouThinkYouCan Hat, and even though it's not a brilliant pattern or anything, it's my own design, off the top of my head, so some frogging and altering has been necessary in the past two weeks, before I finally got something I could work with (it's still a bit on the tight side, though). I was working on that a bit yesterday, because I thought it was nearly finished, but before I bound off, I tried it on. It was about two inches too short! Ack! So I had to unravel it. Fortunately, the Noro Silk Garden is really sticky, so I frogged to a point before I'd begun decreasing, and then threaded some spare yarn through the stitches, and am now in the process of picking them up, which is painful and boring, so I'm about 2/3 of the way through. The rest of the day was spent on Frost Flowers.

I do need to stop going to bed at four in the am. It's really bad for my sleep schedule, and I don't feel remotely rested when I wake up at one in the afternoon. Bleck.

No comments: