24 June 2006

Wacky Dreams

I had the strangest dream this morning. I was shopping with my parents and my nina and nino, and with someone my age (a female friend, who was fictional). My friend and I separated from the "adults" and went shopping on our own. We took a while, but we were supposed to meet the parents shortly, and when we thought we saw the men walking across the parking lot, we started running to catch the "shuttle" (to across the parking lot, which was a hundred feet away, tops...).

Once we jumped on the shuttle, I was no longer with a girl friend, but with my boyfriend, Ryan (that would be Ryan Atwood, perhaps more familiarly known as Benjamin McKenzie). The shuttle took off, and it was...a plane, not a bus. I was really hoping we'd just loop around, but kept joking that we'd end up some place like Chicago. Or Denton, but in the dream, the instant I said Denton, I didn't know where it was. I kept thinking West Coast, but I was sure it was in New Jersey. I'm a Texas girl. I know Denton is in Texas. Just not in my dreams, apparently. The guy in the couple sitting in front of us was being a real jerk, and the pilot took a real shining to Ryan (Ben).

We stopped at a restaurant to eat, and jerkface guy sat down, so we rushed to the back of the restaurant to be away from them. The pilot wanted us (Ryan mostly) to sit with him, and so we sat down. Then somehow, we were channelling little kids (Ruthie from 7th Heaven, and some guy that was supposed to be her step brother), and they were admitting that they'd known each other all their lives, and that they loved each other. Suddenly they were teenagers, and the boy was professing his love, but Ruthie said, "Eeew, get off of me!" and ran away. I ran after her, but got distracted by a map of the world that had a pikkachu island. See, pikkachu had disappeared, and I was on an elite ninja squad that was assigned to find him (it?). Except...okay, fine. I was Sailor Moon. And it was pikkachu at first, but it turns out we were duped, and it was your everyday, garden-variety hamster.

Yes, I know that the only interpretation for this dream is that I am a freak. The one I had before that involved McDonalds, my grandmother's house, my mom, and a park in El Paso that looked like Boston Common in my dream. I don't remember the specifics, though, and that's kind of a shame. On the bright side, I'm not the only one with WEIRD dreams:
-----------
phil: i had a dream
phil: where you called me
phil: and were like
phil: "phil, i'm in los angeles"
phil: and you went to the so you think you can dance taping
phil: and met benji
phil: and then you ended up getting married
phil: hahahaa
----------
Apparently, my fantasies transcend time and space, and end up in other people's dreams, too.

No comments: